Bootstrap – Interview Questions
What is Twitter Bootstrap?
Why use Bootstrap?
Bootstrap can be used as −
- Mobile first approach − Since Bootstrap 3, the framework consists of Mobile first styles throughout the entire library instead of in separate files.
- Browser Support − It is supported by all popular browsers.
- Easy to get started − With just the knowledge of HTML and CSS anyone can get started with Bootstrap. Also the Bootstrap official site has a good documentation.
- Responsive design − Bootstrap’s responsive CSS adjusts to Desktops,Tablets and Mobiles.
- Provides a clean and uniform solution for building an interface for developers.
- It contains beautiful and functional built-in components which are easy to customize.
- It also provides web based customization.
- And best of all it is an open source.
What does Bootstrap package includes?
Bootstrap package includes −
- Scaffolding − Bootstrap provides a basic structure with Grid System, link styles, background. This is is covered in detail in the section Bootstrap Basic Structure
- CSS − Bootstrap comes with feature of global CSS settings, fundamental HTML elements styled and enhanced with extensible classes, and an advanced grid system. This is covered in detail in the section Bootstrap with CSS.
- Components − Bootstrap contains over a dozen reusable components built to provide iconography, dropdowns, navigation, alerts, popovers, and much more. This is covered in detail in the section Layout Components.
- Customize − You can customize Bootstrap’s components, LESS variables, and jQuery plugins to get your very own version.
What is Bootstrap Grid System?
Bootstrap includes a responsive, mobile first fluid grid system that appropriately scales up to 12 columns as the device or viewport size increases. It includes predefined classes for easy layout options, as well as powerful mixins for generating more semantic layouts.